Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Thumbsucker

No, I'm not doing a review of the movie Thumbsucker (which is the only time I've ever liked Keanu Reeves in a movie, but I digress.) Liam found his thumb today. Just his thumb, all by itself. Usually he tries to jam his entire fist in his mouth (which is endlessly entertaining to watch) but today when I put him down for a nap I noticed he put just his thumb in his mouth, all by its little lonesome self. I was strangely moved (I am his doting sleep-deprived mother, after all, everything moves me!) It's such a tiny little thumb that I'm not sure how it can be comforting, but he slurped away on it.

He is also getting good at rolling over on to one side. That's as far as he seems to want to go though, so I don't forsee a complete roll onto his tummy any time soon. His other new trick is to hold onto my hands and pull himself into a sitting position, and he loves when I then pull him into a standing position. Of course I'm supporting him the whole time, but this kid can't wait to be mobile - he loves to be up and looking around. Woe unto the person holding him who tries to sit down and relax for a few minutes! Liam is not one to sit and chill on the couch (much to his father's dismay!)

2 comments:

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

Aw how sweet! I was cracking up picturing the whole fist in mouth! Lol

Anonymous said...

Hi Family! It's Jackie... all the way up here in the -20 (with windchill) degree Massachusetts! Liam looks so good and so cute! Didi... you are looking more and more like Aunt Pouse... how wierd? I love all of the pictures you have up but where is the daddy? I miss you guys so much and i can't wait to see you. Hopefully in April. All my love everyone! Jaxx