Saturday, March 3, 2007

Napping in the Garden

While GM was visiting, we discovered a happy fact - Liam likes to nap outdoors! We took him out 4-wheelin' in his rugged stroller, and as we walked around our property he fell asleep... for 2 hours! That's an unusual nap for the Incredible No-Sleeping Baby! So I repeated the trick yesterday and today - same result. He enjoys being pushed around the field in the fresh air, and then zonks out (I will add that its been unseasonably warm these last few days, high 50s and 60s).



These naps gave me time to plan my garden - I can't use the existing garden (in the pictures) for veggies because it was built with treated wood, which contains arsenic. So, I'll be trying out the Square Foot Gardening (SFG) method using cinder blocks - the previous owners left us a huge pile of cinder blocks, which will be perfect for building raised beds. It'll be a lot of work to set up, but after hours of browsing through my seed catalog from Seeds of Change I can't wait to get started!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Don't ever ask me for gardening advice. I can't even keep our house plants alive!!! I'll be watching to see how you keep a whole garden going! lol