Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Friendly Stranger and Liam's First Hat

Yesterday was a gorgeous 80 degree day, and Liam and I met Linda and Cleide for lunch. Liam was fine until the food came, then he had a melt-down. I nearly left the restaurant to take him home, but a nice lady at the next table said that he wasn't that loud and I should sit down and enjoy my lunch. She added "it gets better after the first 6 months." So, I sat back down, put Liam in his stroller, covered him up, rocked the stroller... and he fell asleep! I was able to finish my lunch, thanks to the kind stranger's suggestion. And when Liam woke up from his nap, he was a smiley, happy baby.

After lunch Cleide and I walked around, and ended up in Baby Gap where Cleide bought Liam a fetching camoflauge hat (thank you, Tia Cleide!) He wore it the rest of the day around the shopping center, and received a great deal attention from strangers - the hat and the happy smiling baby were quite a hit! Liam just loves strangers - he got upset at one point when I left him with Cleide so I could use the rest-room, but calmed down as soon as he caught the eye of a pretty blonde woman - he stopped crying and flashed her a winning smile, much to the amusement of the onlookers. What a flirt!

When Adam got home, we went out for a walk on a local trail - had to take advantage of the unusually warm day! Liam was fine until he became tired and again we were able to soothe him to sleep in his stroller. Adam and I continued to walk around and explore some local shops near the trail - it was a wonderfully relaxing late afternoon. When we got home, Adam took a picture of Liam in his new hat...



And to top off our busy day, Liam slept very well - he went to bed at 8pm and woke up only twice after I went to bed, ultimately getting up at 7:30am. Wow - I could get used to this!

3 comments:

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

What a flirt! Love the hat and I can see him charming all the ladies! What a great next door customer to understand and not get upset!

-Sapphire

Amy said...

Aww, what a good baby. Cute hat =D

Staci said...

CUTE hat! Love it!