Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Liam and the White Noise

A quick post about the magic of white noise... and we have Kelly and Kaylen to thank for this tip! Yesterday in the car Liam started to fuss and cry in the carseat, so I turned the radio up very loud on a static channel. Much to my surprise he calmed down and fell asleep. I only had to leave the noise on for a few minutes. I had to do it again on the way home - same effect, it was amazing. I am so happy to have a way to calm the baby down when we drive!

Heartened by this success, I used a hair-dryer to settle him for his nap last night... and it worked! Those of you who have heard of my travails with the Incredible No-Sleeping Baby must understand how wonderful this is. I did it again this morning with his dreaded morning nap - this kid hates to sleep in the mornings! He's out cold right now, its great. I think I'll have to get a white noise CD because it's probably not good to use my hairdryer so much!

2 comments:

MerrittTimes said...

I am so glad I could help you out. It has been a lifesaver for us.

Kelly

Anna said...

I have also heard that each little one has their own rhythm and if you find it they LOVE it! I think Holden's is Jack Johnson because I crank that up in the car and he is instantly quiet if he is fussy!