Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Graham!

Graham Austin was born today at 9:19pm - he weighed 9lbs 3oz and was 21 inches long. He came into the world less than three hours after we arrived at the hospital - wow! We had an amazing natural & unmedicated birth (that Mom is in no hurry to repeat!)

Here is Mom checking out the readings from the wireless fetal monitor and contraction monitor... I'm all wet because I wore the monitors in the shower, which was pretty neat - the bands are soaked! Best part was I wasn't required to get an IV so I was free to move about... that's the way to go, let me tell you.


This is where the magic happens... I paced around the room for most of the labor, and was on the bed only for the last 1/2 hour - the "fun" part!


There he is! Mommy is happy it is over!


Daddy cut the cord


Screaming baby and happy Mom and Dad


Yes... he really weighed 9lbs 3oz! Ouch!


Margie the midwife giving Graham his first bath


Clean, pink baby


Daddy and his little bundle of joy

3 comments:

Amy said...

Dani, you look amazing and Graham is adorable. Congrats to your family :)

Staci said...

I still can't believe how BIG Graham is! You are amazing to do that all natural!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Danielle and Adam! He is adorable and HUGE, I was 9lbs 2oz when I was born, so I guess I have some competition now.
I can't wait to come home and see you guys!!