Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Practicing for the big day...

My little guy is almost one year old!

I have decided to make bug cupcakes for his birthday. I made a test batch of red velvet cupcakes (without the red... I need to buy natural food coloring tomorrow) and made them into bugs (thanks to Martha Stewart). Forgive the sloppy decorating job and grape / toothpick head - I just wanted to get a feel for how hard it would be and if I should bother.

I think I'm going to do it! Tomorrow when I have the food coloring and the rest of the ingredients I'll try to decorate better to practice. Until then, Adam and I have been enjoying cupcakes... Liam has, too! He loves them!





3 comments:

Staci said...

How cute! (And I'm VERY impressed that you're practicing!!)

Amy said...

Looks very tasty. And cute :)

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

YUM!!! Can I get one sent to Colorado? Looks delicious!

Sapphire